Monday, August 5, 2013

Prompt #4, Louis Dessauer

Louis Dessauer
Mrs. Wilhelmus
AP English
8/5/13
Through the Glasses
Prompt #4
               The red tinted glasses change someone’s view of the world. They have an ultimate ability to change someone’s perspective of life and death, someone’s perspective of the loved and hated ones. The real question is what changes for you?
               Not everyone can look at an everyday object and see its remarkableness. In order for everyone to see something in an entirely different light they need to see it through someone else’s eyes. That is what this “red-tinted glasses” experiment is all about. If I were to take a vial full of clear liquid and show someone, they would probably respond with “that’s water isn't it?” But if they were to be wearing red-tinted glasses they would respond with calling me a freak for carrying a vial of blood around! In order to escape our viciously boring cycle of life we need to look at everything in a different light. That is the sole purpose of the “red-tinted glasses” experiment.

               Honestly, I have always looked at everything in a different light than everyone else. I am an extreme optimist. If I were to look at a family that has just lost their home due to a tornado, I would not just see a sad family without a home. I would see a family that has a chance to rebuild their family from scratch. They have a chance to really grow a bond between themselves like never before. My “red-tinted glasses” are just my optimistic values.

No comments:

Post a Comment